Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Handcrafted Natural Carrot Facial Soap


I've been working on new recipes for making cold process soaps, this Natural Carrot Facial Soap came out beautifully and feels great on my face. 

This particular recipe is a blend of Olive Oil, Coconut Oil and Castor Oil, Almond Oil, Avocado Oil, Camellia Oil and Emu Oil all chosen for their reported skin nourishing properties.

There's even a touch of Tussah Silk for it's ability to increase lather and it's luxurious feel. 

I chose these four essential oils because:

Carrot seed (Daucas carota) essential oil is said to  be best known for its skin-healing abilities,  
it's also said to be useful for eczema, psoriasis, skin ulcers, skin infections and in healthy skin to restore tone and to moisturize.  It has a carrot like fragrance too.


I chose Rosewood (Aniba rosaeodora) for it's reported  antidepressant, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, anti bacterial and skin nourishing properties.

Sandalwood (Santalum album) is said to have moisturizing and antiseptic qualities as well as anti-inflammatory, astringent properties.

Lemon (Citrus limon) because it's said to be Antibacterial, Anti-fungal, Antiseptic, Astringent and detoxifying.   


I've been washing my face with this new soap for about a week now and I really like it!

If you'd like to try it too I have it for sale in my new Sudz n' Hunni Soaps web store.  A little side note about my new store...  I launched it early by accident so there are only a few items for sale so far.  As the handcrafted soaps I've been making are cured and ready I will be adding them to my store so there should be something new each week for awhile!

1 comment:

Anna from Natures Home Spa said...

This soap looks amazing. And the ingredients are definitely an all star cast of natural skin loving goodies!